As a methodologist, I am sometimes called to assist fellow researchers in designing studies or reporting findings. My experience covers both academic and non-academic research and both ends of the research cycle, namely:
(1) The bidding stage; and
(2) The peer review stage.
1. Proposal writing/study design
I have much more experience in writing bids for policy research. I have written proposals for the following funders:
– European Commission (DG Employment and Social Affairs; DG Economic and Financial Affairs; DG Justice; EuropeAid);
– European agencies and observatories (European Agency for Safety and Health at Work; European Institute for Gender Equality; URBACT);
– European Parliament;
– UK government departments and agencies (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills; Research Councils UK);
– French government departments and agencies (Agence Nationale d’Appui à la Performance des établissements de santé et médico-sociaux; Haute Autorité de Santé).
2. Peer review